Stargazer, the sequel to Evernight, begins shortly after Evernight ended, with Bianca Olivier back at gothic Evernight Academy and her boyfriend Lucas Ross carrying out his responsibilities as a member of Black Cross, an organization that could be harmful to Bianca and those she loves. Wraiths are haunting Evernight, and Bianca is determined to discover why . . . as well as the motivation behind Ms. Bethany admitting certain students to the school. With all of this on her plate, Bianca must also find ways to secretly meet with Lucas. Her parents strongly disapprove of Lucas and think he and Bianca have broken things off, so Bianca and her hot friend Balthazar come up with a ploy to ensure that she and Lucas can have their rendezvous.I was really excited to read this book because I'd heard it was better than Evernight, but I found that I actually liked Evernight just a bit more than this one. Maybe it was the plot twists in Evernight that made me like that book so much --I totally didn't see them coming -- but there was something about Evernight that grabbed me and pulled me in immediately, and I just didn't feel that with Stargazer. I enjoyed that Balthazar was a more prominent character (he's really grown on me, and I even found myself at times wanting Bianca to be with him over Lucas . . . but then I'd change my mind again), and I was happy to see that Raquel and Vic had returned to the school, but other things didn't really interest me. I didn't care for the storyline about the new vampire who is running around with the 'wrong crowd,' although her identity and exploits play a big role in this book and most likely will in the third book. Still, I can't say that I didn't like the book, because I did. The action really picked up by the end, and I was left wanting to find out what happened to everyone. I definitely want to read the next book when it comes out.
3.5/5
No comments:
Post a Comment