Eustace and Jill are hiding from bullies at their school, when Eustace tells the story of his time spent in the land of Narnia. Thinking they'd rather be in Narnia, they call upon Aslan and ask to be transported to the magical land. Jill comes face-to-face with the lion, and he gives her four signs that will help her and Eustace on their journey. They have an important mission to accomplish in Narnia--finding the missing son of King Caspian, who is growing old and wants to find his son before he dies. Prince Rilian has been missing for a decade. Many brave Narnians have tried to find him, and all have failed. With help from the Marsh-wiggle named Puddleglum, Jill and Eustace leave on a dangerous journey to discover the whereabouts of Prince Rilian, in hopes that they can reunite him with Caspian before it's too late.I found The Silver Chair kind of boring from the start. I don't know if it's because I've read so many Narnia books in such a short time, or if I just wasn't interested in it. Eustace and Jill were dull (I'm sad that Eustace was so boring in this installment because I found his character very interesting in the previous book), and I found them both annoying at times. I even found Puddleglum to be a boring sort of character until almost the end of the story, when he saves the children and Rilian from the Queen of the Underworld, who was attempting to place an enchantment upon them.
Definitely my least favorite of the Narnia books so far. I did enjoy the underlying message about following Aslan's (God's) instructions, though. Jill and Eustace were slow to remember what Aslan had told them, and as a result they were faced with unexpected troubles.
I hope The Last Battle is better! I'm looking forward to seeing how the series ends.
3/5
No comments:
Post a Comment