I read 119 books last year, which was an all-time high. I had hoped for more, but December was a really slow reading month for me. I'd at least wanted to finish reading Dreamquake, the second book in the Dreamhunter Duet, but that obviously didn't happen. I'm still not finished, but I am hoping that I will be by tomorrow. Then I may blog about both books. We'll see.
My favorites of 2009? I honestly don't know. Looking back at my list (not at my ratings because I'm too lazy to do a search right now; I'll go by the titles that stand out to me at this point): anything by Lynn Kurland, especially the Nine Kingdoms series (which has a new book out on Tuesday!). Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. Graceling and Fire by Kristin Cashore. The Ordinary Princess by M.M. Kaye. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. As Shadows Fade by Colleen Gleason. Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry. The Percy Jackson books (especially books 4 and 5) were pretty good, too.
So, there you have it.
Happy 2010!
No comments:
Post a Comment