Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Deadly Little Lies by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Deadly Little Lies (Touch, #2)Book two in the Touch series, after Deadly Little Secret, Deadly Little Lies picks up the story of Camelia four months after Ben broke her heart and left town. A new school year is starting, and rumor is that Ben is coming back. Ben has the gift of psychometry, the ability to sense the future through touch, and since he touched Camelia that first time when he saved her life, Camelia has been experiencing her own strange premonitions. Has Ben's gift rubbed off on her? She's eager to talk to Ben about it all, but he avoids her like the plague. When warning notes start showing up in her room and at school, Camelia is convinced that her life is once again in danger. She longs for Ben to touch her because one touch from him will reveal whether the threat is real, but Ben continues to avoid contact with her. Deciding that it's time to move on, Camelia agrees to go out with the new boy at work, Adam. As the threats against her life continue, secrets about both Ben and Adam come to light, and Camelia isn't sure who to turn to.

I enjoyed Deadly Little Lies. This series is definitely entertaining enough to keep me reading, even knowing that there are three more books to come. I don't know why five books are needed to tell Camelia's story -- I thought DLL was a bit drawn out, as it is -- but I'll keep reading because I'm intrigued by Camelia and Ben, and I want to know what happens to them. I do wish that Camelia would choose either to trust or not trust Ben, and then stick with her decision. As in the last book, she flip-flopped on the trust issue a lot, and it was really annoying.

3.5/5

No comments: