While Sebastian Vioget appears to be both the perfect warrior and lover to ensure the Gardella Legacy, Victoria cannot forget Max Pesaro – the former slayer still haunted by the vampire queen Lilith's obsession with him.But it is Lilith's obsession that may save all of humanity. Demons, enemies of both mortals and the undead, have found their way to earth. To defeat them, vampires and slayers must fight side by side. But Lilith wants Max in return for her cooperation – a small price for the world, but too high a price for Victoria.
This concluding book in the series was bloody fantastic, as Max might say. Victoria's choice (between Max and Sebastian) was made in book 4, so it was fun to read how she went about getting her man in this installment. The demons were more powerful and dangerous than ever before, and the passion in this book -- both between Victoria and her chosen, as well as the passion displayed by the Venators in the fights against the demons and Lilith -- was breathtaking.
I loved this book. There were a couple of things that bothered me, but not enough to really affect my rating. I will say that something completely shocking happens to one of the characters, but I won't go into any detail. You'll have to read it to find out!
Like I said in the previous post, As Shadows Fade is a fabulous ending to the Gardella Vampire Chronicles, and I definitely recommend it. I read the entire book in one day, and that's saying something. I couldn't put it down. I will give fair warning that there are some sex scenes in these books, so if those in any way make you uncomfortable, I'd recommend skipping this series.
5/5
2 comments:
Mmmmm, I was a Max lover all the way from the very beginning. Yay hooooray!
Oh, me too. Me too! :)
Post a Comment