Sunday, December 7, 2008

Shopaholic Ties the Knot - Sophie Kinsella

Oh my goodness, Becky Bloomwood's getting married!! And not only is Luke's mother, Elinor, planning a fairy-tale wedding at the Plaza Hotel in NYC, but Becky's mum is planning a backyard wedding in England -- both for the same day!

I'd had my own idea throughout the book of how Becky might pull everything off, which wedding she'd choose, etc., and I have to say that I was spot on! I guess it's not too difficult to guess, after reading about Becky for three books and knowing how her mind works. It was fun to read about the preparations for both weddings.

Luke was featured more prominently in Shopaholic Ties the Knot, which I liked. The way he proposed to Becky was so sweet. I can't say I really enjoyed the whole storyline with Luke's mother, though. Becky's right: she's a cow.

I'm growing to love Suze, Becky's best friend, more and more with every book. Suze got married and had a baby in this installment, which was great fun. Now Becky and Luke need to have a baby!

This was a cute read. Best of the series so far.

4/5

No comments: