Friday, December 12, 2008

Shopaholic and Baby - Sophie Kinsella

Becky Brandon (née Bloomwood) is pregnant!! She and Luke couldn't be more ecstatic. When Becky hears that a famous celebrity obstetrician named Venetia Carter has opened a practice in Becky's neighborhood, Becky does everything she can think of to get an appointment with Venetia. She drags Luke along to the appointment, only to find that Venetia is Luke's ex-girlfriend. And Venetia's beautiful and glamorous and smart, to boot!

As Luke and Venetia reconnect and start spending more time together, Becky's jealousy secretly rages out of control. She hires a private detective to follow Luke, and the information the PI gathers is shocking.

Not only is Becky's relationship with Luke getting worse, but Venetia admits to Becky's face that she's after Luke -- and that Luke is planning on leaving Becky after the baby is born. Becky is devastated. How could Luke do this to her?

Shopaholic and Baby is the best of the series! It's very, very funny, but it also deals with personal issues such as impending motherhood and spousal infidelity. I loved every minute spent reading it.

And now that it's done, I'm going through Becky withdrawal. Seriously. I finished the book last night, looked at Dave and said, "I don't know what I'm going to do with myself now that the Shopaholic series is done." I'll really miss reading about Becky, Luke, Suze, and all the rest. These books have been such great fun to read!

4.5/5

No comments: