I've read all over the internet that Janette Rallison books are cute, fun reads, so when I saw a couple of them on the shelf at the library I snagged them. Just One Wish follows seventeen-year-old Annika Truman on an adventure of a lifetime. Knowing how much her six-year-old brother, Jeremy, who has cancer, wants a Teen Robin Hood action figure, Annika braves the crowds at Toys R Us on Black Friday to get her hands on one. Satisfied that she's gotten Jeremy the one thing he wanted (after all, the Teen Robin Hood figure is all he's talked about for months), she tells him that she has a genie who will grant him wishes. She's already used the first wish, but wants Jeremy to use the remaining two wishes, as long as the third wish is that his upcoming surgery goes well. When he wishes to meet Teen Robin Hood himself, Annika doesn't know what to do. Not wanting to let Jeremy down before his big surgery, Annika leaves her home in Henderson, Nevada (outside Las Vegas) and sets out for Hollywood. She has one objective in mind: to track down Steve Raleigh, the actor who plays Teen Robin Hood, and bring him home to meet Jeremy.Annika's whole adventure is totally implausible, but so much fun to read about. What teenage girl wouldn't love to roam around Hollywood and meet Teen Robin Hood? Forget the fact that Annika's only seventeen, and that she somehow manages to finagle her way onto a TV set and convince Steve Raleigh (squeal!) to drive home with her, and enjoy the story for what it is. Because it's pure fun. I'm a veritable "cougar" at 30, but I wouldn't mind meeting Mr Teen Robin Hood myself. ;)
My rating: 3.5/5
No comments:
Post a Comment