I began my second Sophie Kinsella book this morning, and ended up liking it so much that I finished it tonight. Dave teased me, saying that I stayed up so late reading because he had finished a book earlier this evening and I wanted to finish one, too, so that I could keep up with him. But that wasn't the case at all. I just genuinely enjoyed this book.The main character in CYKaS is Emma Corrigan, a junior marketing executive at the Panther Cola Company. While on a turbulent return flight home from a business trip, Emma spills all of her secrets to the man seated next to her, thinking the plane is going to crash. When she walks into work Monday morning, she is shocked to discover that the man who sat next to her on the flight to London is there, in the Panther offices. And, even worse, he's the American CEO of Panther Cola, Jack Harper. Jack knows all of Emma's dirty little secrets, even the fact that she hates her job and plays pranks on her co-workers. Mortified beyond belief and worried that she may lose her job, Emma is relieved when Jack assures her that he doesn't want to fire her; in fact, he shows an interest in getting to know her better. But Emma already has the perfect boyfriend, Connor. Only, she may have admitted to Jack on that fateful flight that she doesn't really love Connor. What will happen when all of Emma's secrets are revealed?
I was kept quite entertained reading about Emma's antics. I laughed out loud many, many times. The big build-up to Jack's secret was kind of anti-climatic, though. I felt that his secret was kind of silly, and didn't really warrant his bad behavior toward Emma. The last couple of chapters were a bit slow, but the rest of the book was fast-paced and interesting. Much better than Remember Me? And the characters were much more likeable.
4/5
No comments:
Post a Comment